The United States has a population of more than three hundred million people.
All these people are entitled to healthcare. Telehealth, telemedicine, and every possible remote and in-person delivered healthcare. Comparatively, since the beginning of telehealth, now it has a wider reach throughout the States. Due to the onset of Covid-19, providing healthcare did slow down at first. Soon all hospitals, specialists, and every other medical professional began increasing the pace for proving healthcare.
The Positive Impact of Telehealthcare.
Hospitals all over the country are working efficiently to provide the required healthcare to the patients.
Telehealthcare is bridging gaps between doctors and patients. By enabling the patients to stay at the comfort of their own homes. Telehealth has made a huge positive impact on the lives of US citizens:-
- Training and Education for medical professionals and consultants done online
- Increased participation of patients in physiotherapy, and all other in-person therapies
- Primary healthcare via telehealth has become more efficient and more frequently provided.
- 78% of US citizens have already felt the benefits of telehealth right at their homes
- 24-hour monitoring of the patients allows faster tending to emergencies.
- Hospitals prove oxygen tanks and regular routine care to covid patients.
- Following up with patients has become more frequent and simpler. Video calls and telephone calls have helped to do so.
- Appointments with doctors and specialists are conveniently scheduled so as to avoid congestion.
- Consultation timings are adjusted according to a working person’s needs.
- There is more reach out to the rural areas as well. Thus allowing the patients to reach hospitals on time.
Despite the financial problems that have occurred due to Covid-19, telehealth is affordable and accessible to all. Insurance payers and HCP skilled associations have supported the transition to telehealth services throughout the pandemic. The Centers for health care & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued multiple waivers. These waivers provide flexibility throughout the pandemic. And granting payment parity between telehealth and in-person clinical look after health care. The US citizens are privy to all these facilities. No matter where they are geographically in the country.
Improvements in Telehealth healthcare.
There have been various improvements that are set in place during pandemics. So as to avoid technical glitches during remote monitoring. Since there are high chances that there could be technicalities such as lack of data due to a poor internet connection. Or less communication. Due to signal problems and whatnot. The Department of Health and Human Services has come up with plans just to address those kinds of problems. IT vendors and Healthcare organizations are to take advantage of these plans. All they need to do is streamline their data exchange processes. This makes sure that there are no problems with sending data and correct lab reports.
The US citizens, be it rural, urban, old age or any other factor have gotten the benefits of telehealth before Covid-19, during and will continue to get telehealth healthcare. 2020 has been a rough year for everyone. But when it comes to healthcare, there is no deficit. And the US citizens are sure to have benefited from all the progress and improvements in telehealthcare.
“In a few years, the idea of receiving medical treatment exclusively at a doctor’s office or hospital will seem quaint”
Discussion about this post