Telemedicine- a medium that has made healthcare more accessible and cost-effective.
Telehealth care technology has proved as a boon for senior citizens. Also, to the people living in rural areas. Earlier they had to face many difficulties getting access to a physician. But now, with the telehealthcare services facility at their fingertips, they can reach them virtually.
Future of Telehealth
The information between the doctor and the patient can be shared through the computer screens. Therefore, telemedicine technology allows the patient to consult the doctor at the comfort of your home, without waiting for an appointment. While doctors can diagnose and do treatment virtually.
The hospitals today are not able to keep up with the growing number of patients.
Telehealth care Services meet the demand of this new generation tech-savvy population. Therefore, this age of Technology has opened the doors for telemedicine all over the globe. Every other person has access to the internet and smartphones which has become the major reason for the rapid growth of telehealthcare.
Different types of Telehealthcare Services
- Interactive Medicine: Also known as “live telemedicine”, it lets the patient and doctors communicate in real-time. It includes both phone consultancies and video conferences.
- Store and Forward: It allows the physician to send forward the details of the patient to another physician. That is another location, without having to sit in the same room.
- Remote Patient Monitoring: It serves senior citizens. Therefore, the doctors can keep a check on the vitals without the patients having to visit them, or vice versa.
Telemedicine in Medical Speciality
Apart from primary care, telehealthcare services have benefited various medical specialties. Some of which are-
- Radiology: A special kind of imaging technique is used to diagnose as well as to treat diseases. With telemedicine, the radiologist can receive these images and provide the diagnosis to the patient. Therefore. Without having them to visit each other.
- Mental Health: One of the most popular specialties of telemedicine- Mental Health practices. With this feature, the patient can consult their psychiatrist and counselor without having to visit them. Besides, people from remote areas can talk to their therapist in the comfort of their home.
- Pediatric: With the help of telemedicine, the parents can avoid bringing their sick kids out of the house. the patient and the doctor can easily share concerns and diagnosis, respectively, over a phone call or video call.
- Dermatology: By sharing high-quality images and videos, dermatologists can treat patients suffering from different skin problems. For example- psoriasis, eczema, rashes, allergies, and more. It has come in very handy to the patients who are house found and senior citizens.
Therefore, replacing the conventional ways of healthcare, telehealthcare services are on the rise. It has come out as cost-efficient, less time consuming, and much easier. Now, many hospitals are going virtual, with the increasing demand for telemedicine and telehealth care.