The COVID-19 crisis has pushed us to turn towards the health factor more, especially mental health.
The emotional, psychological and social well-being of a person comprises mental health. Mental illnesses have always remained a taboo in our society for decades. Additionally, with this pandemic sitting on our heads like a heavyweight, it is hard to keep your anxiety at bay.
Thus, it is high time that we acknowledge issues related to mental health and take care accordingly. Moreover, with a wide range of technological tools, it is now possible to seek help over great distances.
Why Online Telemental Therapy?
The health landscape is evolving and revolutionizing each day. Telehealth services meet the demand of patients and can monitor a patient’s health from afar. Online Telemental therapy aim at delivering health care remotely. Also, this is the need of the hour – less physical contact and more effective treatments.
Benefits of choosing Telemental Health Online
Telemental therapies are transforming with the help of telecommunications technology.
Here are 8 benefits that telemental health online offers to people –
- Expanded access – Counsellors and therapists are scarce in rural areas. However, telemental health online put services within the reach of people who live in remote areas. With videoconferencing, chat rooms and much more, practitioners are providing services that meet the needs of patients.
- Time saver – Communication has been a lot easier with calls and online media. Telehealth services do not require you to travel for treatment. Thereby, it saves time. Appointments and therapy sessions are just a call or text message away. Not to mention, they work flexibly without hampering one’s work schedule and avoid travel-related costs.
- Relieves social stigma – The social stigma against mental health illnesses is now removed via telecommunications. Additionally, online therapies can ease anxieties and promote treatment via video calls, chats rooms and e-mails.
- Lessens delayed treatment – A patient no longer has to wait for a follow up an appointment via telehealth services. Treatments and follow-ups are accessible remotely over distances giving patients the best professional facilities.
- More privacy prioritized – Online therapy sessions provide an environment that protects the privacy of patients. People seek help within the comfort of their homes via telemental therapies and treatments.
- Highly satisfied – Surveys state that conducting therapy sessions via videoconferencing has the same impact as in-person treatments.
- Lower costs – Besides saving time, telehealth services save money on therapies and treatments too. Likewise, clients get access to the best professional treatments from home which are cheap and cuts down travel expenses.
- Fruitful results – Telemental health services aim at protecting vulnerable populations. To say of nothing, these services have yielded fruitful results. With multitude of convenient technology, telemental health is growing and evolving, delivering the best care possible.
Health counsellors, social workers, therapists are bringing life-changing services online. Reaching out to populations who earlier lacked access to such services is now possible with technology. Breaking down all barriers, telehealth services can talk out people.
Numerous companies offer telehealth services catering to the needs of patients subsequently yielding better results. Teledoc Plans is one such company that serves its patients with the best facilities within the medical realm.