The ongoing pandemic has affected our lives on a large scale.
From grocery shopping to events like marriages and social gatherings. While the leisure activities can be put off to when things get better, necessities need to be catered to regardless. One of the essential sectors that have adapted well to the entire situation is health services. With the rise in usage of telehealth healthcare services, it has become easier to access all your medical needs via mobile phones and computers, without exposing yourself to the COVID-19 virus.
It also benefits the staff by reducing their exposure to ill patients, maintaining several personal protective equipment (PPE) and minimising the impact of patient rush. While the use of telehealth healthcare and medicine is not new, the number of people seeking the services has drastically increased.
It has also enabled telehealthcare services to provide acute, chronic, primary and speciality care even to remote regions.
Modes of TeleHealthcare services:
- Synchronous – Also known as live video conferencing, it is a two-way interaction between a person and a healthcare service provider using live audio-video interaction. This service is often used for treating common illnesses. However, in some cases medical assistants use medical equipment like digital stethoscopes on patients while consulting the telemedicine provider.
- Asynchronous – Also known as store-and-forward, it is the transmission of healthcare data through electronic systems to a healthcare professional. This method is often used to treat patients outside of real-time.
- Remote patient monitoring (RPM) – It is the transmission of medical data from a patient or a resident in one location to their healthcare provider residing in a different location for monitoring purposes.
Benefits and Uses of Telehealth healthcare Services
Telehealth services not only preserve PPE kits and reduce the exposure of medical staff to ill patients. It also makes sure to increase access to healthcare and reach more patients. The less number of physical patients helps in maintaining social distancing. It also reduces patient no-shows while providing better services, especially in rural settings. Telehealth services also provide :
- Provide urgent care to residents in long-term care facilities, non-covid-19 conditions and rural settings.
- Provide assessment for managing chronic health conditions, including nutrition counselling, weight management along with access to care for mental and behavioral health.
- Monitor signs of chronic health conditions as blood pressure, blood glucose, etc.
- Deliver advance care planning to patients and healthcare providers in case of a medical emergency.
The pros of Telehealth healthcare services outweigh the cons in the ongoing pandemic. It ensures your safety while providing you with the best healthcare services. Several companies offer telehealth services which meet the demands of patients.
These companies aim at providing the best facilities and offering treatments within the realm of medical care. Teledoc Health Plans is one such telehealth company who promise to serve you to your best interests.